What do you carry with you? It was more popular of an online topic than I imagined. I wanted a simple way to carry a few relatively small items with me, from Point A to Point B, without filling up and dumping out bulging pockets. There are forums dedicated to the idea - people actually debate and argue over best items.
After watching YouTube reviews and reading a few posts over at EDC Forums, I chose the Maxpedition Pocket Organizer . And no, I don't stick this in my pocket. I carry it daily in my gym bag, or throw it in my car on weekend trips. It's never far away.
Here is a list of what I’ve filled it with:
- Cross ballpoint pen - Rent checks, reminders, grocery lists
- Sharpie Bolder reminders
- Bic Lighter Sparking a manly fire
- Superglue Multiple uses
- Tweezers Tick removal, i.e. the dog
- Nail clippers Obvious reasons
- Chap stick Dry New England winters
- Flashlight: 4Sevens 123²
- RAT Izula Neck Knife
- Flat Duck Tape Roll Tell me I don't need to list the uses
- Tool Logic Card Backup compass, 2nd knife, toothpick, tweezers
- Bandaids Small cuts
- Add'l flashlight body Takes AA batteries instead of CR123’s